Friday, May 13, 2011

Diamonds are a girls best friend...



Diamonds are indeed a girls best friend.... alas for this girl, her budget can't quite stretch that far. Instead I must suffice with imitation sparkle and shine!

While rummaging for a specific pair of earrings and getting distracted by others I hadn't seen in some time, I decided to organise my collection; by colour and occasion naturally!

The large beaded turquoise bracelet was recently acquired from a shop in Barcelona, and the ring within is from Topshop. This jewelled combination goes with a range of outfits, especially plainer ones based on whiter tones.

The watch on the far left is by D&G and to this day I am ashamed to say I can count on one hand the amount of times I have worn it. Domenico & Stefano, I can only apologise! The silver earrings beside my watch are by Ti Sento, a Milanese based brand. Their range comes in new colours every season and they have some stunning pieces. These earrings add a chic touch to every outfit and make everything a little more polished and put together.

The coral combination on the right is by Ti Sento again. The bracelet is quite young and funky and match the earrings perfectly. These bracelets are revamped every collection and I would highly advise getting one. Both pretty and durable they're the perfect gift, for yourself or someone else! The two remaining pairs of earrings are by (you guessed it!) Ti Sento (the heavy crystal ones) and Swarovski. The crystal pair are show-stopping with an updo and a LBD, or if you're feeling dangerous, an LRD (little red dress) as per my New Years Eve outfit of 2009. Oh what a night! The last two bracelets are a plain silver ID strand and a H&M Silver and coral plait. The ID bracelet was a gift from my best friend, and is engraved (always a nice touch). H&M produced some fantastic pieces for their jewellery line in the past few months, and I have purchased one too many! I also have a version of this in brown & gold, so between the two I have every gold/silver combination covered. Preparation, preparation, preparation ladies!


Jewellery doesn't necessarily have to be the focal point of an outfit to be important. A simple LBD can be beautifully accessorised with some emerald earrings and a cocktail ring (or a Topshop version!). A little sparkle goes a long way, and let's face it, we all need a little sparkle in our lives......

No comments:

Post a Comment