Sunday, May 1, 2011

Charlies Angel








After cutting my hair I feel that my style has adapted to fit the new crop. Being altogether more 60s and 70s inspired, I am now quite partial to a flared leg, a fitted jumper and a high waist.

Flares are universally recognised as being the most flattering cut of jean and a dark denim wash will elongate the leg. Subtle details like side pockets will balance out proportions and slim the hips. Flares have also made a catwalk comeback and are set to be the Summer jean, spotted on many fashion-forward (personally styled!) celebrities already.


A fitted top will add to that long, lean silhouette created by the dark flares. My nude jumper has an added detail of ruffled sleeves, making it that bit more feminine and very Valentino! A brown belt and matching loafers polish the look and pull it together.

To add some interest to the whole ensemble I added a brown leather studded bracelet and a snakeskin-print clutch in gold, black and chocolate brown.


The bare essentials:

Jumper: St. Tropez

Jeans: A Wear

Belt: Primark

Loafers: Topshop


The finishing touches:

Clutch: Dunnes Stores

Bracelet: Burberry

No comments:

Post a Comment