Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The Mighty Gladiator.








Summer has finally arrived and after a long Winter of tights, riding boots and woollens galore, this fashionista is ready to bare some skin and strut her stuff in sandals!










Gladiator sandals came into their own roughly three S/S ago and they have shown that they are THE staple shoe of the Summer. Flip-flops may indeed be comfortable, but they often lack that extra factor that can take an outfit to the next level. Gladiators of every shape, size and colour are ready and waiting in shops nationwide, so fellow fashionistas there is no excuse!




While multi-coloured, bejewelled and bedazzled numbers may be eye-catching (read, blinding) they are impractical. The best tones to opt for are neutral base colours such as beige, black, brown and grey, which will complement almost any outfit. Add tailored cigarette pants,a thin belt, loose tee and a pair of sunglasses and prepare for admiring glances.....





My most recent splurge has been a pair of Burberry mega-stud sandals. I will confess it was love at first sight and not even the three figure price tag** deterred me......

My new favourite shoes will go with everything in my (now overflowing) wardrobe including salmon-pink pegged Mango trousers, a nautical black-and-white striped dress from Paris and my beloved (if ancient!) denim shorts, making them an investment in my wardrobes future! So while my bank account became slimline overnight, I slept soundly knowing that my designer splurge will ensure each of my Summer outfits has that extra 'je ne sais quoi'.


Multi-studded beauties like these don't come around every season and I think even Tyra Banks would agree that they are 'fierce' personified! ** And to justify the price I will indeed be wearing them all year round!



So, get your mani/pedi on and slip on a pair of Summers best.

No comments:

Post a Comment